Thursday, February 3, 2011

The New Rules of Lifting for Abs

A Myth-Busting Fitness Plan for Men and Women Who Want a Strong Core and a Pain-Free Back

The New Rules of Lifting for Abs: A Myth-Busting Fitness Plan for Men and Women Who Want a Strong Core and a Pain-Free Back

 

This is a great book that approached strength training differently. I was amazed to see that most of the things that I thought were right about strength training were actually wrong. The author clearly demonstrates these myths and systematically makes his point about the new rules.

I have read this book for over a week now and rightly so, I did not have enough chance to practice all the exercises.  There are some of the concepts where I totally differ wuth the author but agrre with him in most of the cases. I am a personal trainer myself and the book has really helped include very interesting exercise in my programs. I was actually hesitant before I buy the book cos I thought I knew it all when it comes strength training.


for those of you who are gym fanatics, you will surely want to compare The New Rules with some of the best literature in fitness. There are 3 programs that include core work, strength (and power), and metabolic work. The introduces a lot of variations for training including dumbbells, barbells, body weight, adjustments for injuries, kettlebells, and the TRX trainer. The exercises could be done anywhere including home, hotel room or gym.

the only criticism I can say about the book is that, the author could have included a dvd or video with this book. For some people, watching is more better than trying to read something that could be misinterpreted.

the overall rating I will give this book is 3 because most of the staff the author is talking about is not new, he just introduce them in a very interesting fasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment